About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Nov 4, 2011

"Clotted Cream"

Eh, today has been weird. I got up a little earlier than usual to shower and study for my history test. I wasn't feeling sick at all, unlike last night. Ugh, last night I felt absolutely rotten. I took my history test and I think I remembered everything... guess we shall see. I forgot my jacket on my rush to class, so I was partly frozen when I got back to my room. I was planning on just sleeping the rest of the day, but I wasn't tired. Made a decision to watch an episode of Doctor Who, organize my lists on pinterest, and check Facebook. My late lunch/early dinner had tomatoes and cucumber with torn pita pocket strips. I'll be posting the recipe for that later. I recently took a short nap, but I am feeling sick again. Ughhhh, why? My stomach just seems to hate me. ._.

Since I promised to post the "clotted cream" recipe today, that's what I am going to post. It is fairly easy and not exactly clotted cream, but it makes an easy substitute in my opinion. Is it the same taste as clotted cream? Eh, not exactly, but it works for me.

"Clotted Cream" (found on Epicurious)

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese
  • 1 cup (240 ml) heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 or 2 Tbsp. white sugar
Instructions:
  1. Beat all the ingredients together until mixture holds its shape and looks like softly whipped cream. If you don't have a mixer, use beaters, because otherwise your arms will ache. It takes a while to whip it to the consistency.
Yield: Approx, 1 - 2 cups 

As I said, this isn't real clotted cream, but it does taste good. It isn't super fluffy or really dense, somewhere inbetween on texture. I hope you all try out this recipe and definitely comment on how it goes. I hope you all feel well and have a spectacular day!

As always...

Bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment