Alas, the recipe I have for you today really brings a lot of veggies to the table. I downsized the recipe to suit my needs and tastes, but you could totally follow the recipe as is, because it seems like a fab recipe (besides the raw onions for me... not a raw onions fan!).
Panzanella (adapted from Eclectic recipes)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- Day old bread, diced or you could use ripped Pita bread like I did
- dried basil, to taste
- dried onion, to taste
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil, or more if you'd like
- 3 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Toss like a salad and then add the basil, onion, salt, and pepper. (I also added a few pinches of garlic salt.)
Really easy and really fast yet super tasty! I hope you all get a chance to try and if you are serving a few people, definitely go with the bigger recipe! Delicious and nutritious! As always...
**NOTE: To make this gluten free, use day old gluten free bread instead.**