About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Nov 7, 2011

Making Veggies Yummy: Panzanella

Today was interesting. I almost was late to history class because I got up literally 8 minutes before I had to leave for class. I had an *insert sarcasm here* "oh so delicious" breakfast. Class seemed to take forevvveeerrrrr. Since it was around lunch time, I popped over to the union to pick up a half gallon of milk and a wrap. Then I retreated to my room and did a little bit of work before I had to go to the sustainability speaker. I was there 45 minutes early, so I had time to read my event planning chapter and read a bit of my book for history. Overall, time well spent. I have to say, the speaker was awesome! He ignited more passion for innovation and sustainability and he got me thinking about possibilities. I really do want to make my dreams come true!

Alas, the recipe I have for you today really brings a lot of veggies to the table. I downsized the recipe to suit my needs and tastes, but you could totally follow the recipe as is, because it seems like a fab recipe (besides the raw onions for me... not a raw onions fan!).

Panzanella (adapted from Eclectic recipes)

Ingredients:

  • 2 tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
  • Day old bread, diced or you could use ripped Pita bread like I did
  • dried basil, to taste
  • dried onion, to taste
  • 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil, or more if you'd like
  • 3 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:
  1. Put the tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
  2. Toss like a salad and then add the basil, onion, salt, and pepper. (I also added a few pinches of garlic salt.)
  3. Enjoy!

Really easy and really fast yet super tasty! I hope you all get a chance to try and if you are serving a few people, definitely go with the bigger recipe! Delicious and nutritious! As always...

**NOTE: To make this gluten free, use day old gluten free bread instead.**
Bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment