About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Feb 7, 2012

Sweet Bread

I enjoyed watching the Superbowl game. It was extra special because one of the guys who graduated from my HS was playing. Pretty awesome, right? I didn't go home until Saturday because I was busy, busy, busy for most of the week. I did 3 loads of laundry and 3 loads of dishes on Friday. Crazy stuff. I enjoyed having the junk food Sunday time at home though. I just hated having to be up at 4:30 am on Monday. Yuck!

I have been running around this week trying to get stuff set up for Students for Fair Trade. My treasurer wants to quit, and my other officers don't really help. It can be quite stressful! I honestly have no idea how we are going to pull off our sale of Valentines Day roses. It should be interesting!

I am currently finishing writing my assignments for Public Relations class. We had to write up parts for a media kit. It can be frustrating at times, but I am trying to endure and just get through it. I only have the Photo Opportunity sheet left. I personally think it is going to sound stupid, but hopefully my professor will give me good feedback on how to revise it. I still have to revise my other two assignments as well. Oops. Looks like I know what I will be finishing up before class!

In other news, the people have not stopped tapping on the heating pipes. I think my eye has adjusted to awkwardly twitching every time I hear the noise. It seriously irks me.

The recipe for today wasn't meant as a bread recipe. In all honesty, it was for crescent rolls. I was just too lazy to make it into crescent rolls, so the bread was born. I personally enjoy this bread a lot. My sister loved it and my dad said it was alright. Knowing him, that means it was pretty good. The best part about this bread? You just throw the dough together, let it rise, knead it a bit, let it rise in the baking pan, and then bake it. You can even go out to do shopping and then return to take care of it. I went out to Target and the grocery store while my bread was rising. I kneaded it a bit, readied the baking dish, covered it again, and let it sit. I watched part of the superbowl while waiting and then baked it really fast. I found that the time flew! I hope you will give this recipe a chance!

Sweet Bread (adapted from Golden Crescent Rolls)

The middle was a bit under-done... oops!
Ingredients:

  • 2 (.25 oz) packages of active dry yeast
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
Instructions:

  1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
  2. Stir in the sugar, butter, eggs, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth.
  3. Mix in the remaining flour until a dough forms.
  4. Scrape dough from the side of the bowl and knead it.
  5. Cover and let the dough rise in a warm place until double. This takes about 2 hours.
  6. Punch down the dough and knead again. 
  7. Prepare your baking dish or baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
  8. Put the dough in the baking dish, cover, and let rise for an additional 2 hours.
  9. Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
  10. Bake the bread for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure the center is done by testing it with a toothpick.
  11. Enjoy!
** If you wish to make dinner rolls, you can divide the dough up and put it in a muffin pan. Your cooking time will differ slightly. **

I love how easy it is to make this bread. Sure, it takes some time, but it is well worth it! Enjoy!

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!

As always...
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment