Today's recipe is something that I whipped together from some items in my pantry and fridge. I was low on groceries, so this was easy to make and had easy ingredients to find too. I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did!
Yellow Rice, Salsa, Beans, and Cheese
- 2 cups of cooked yellow rice
- 1 can of Black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- A couple TBSP of salsa
- 1/2 cup (or more to taste) of shredded cheese
- Make the rice according to the directions. Make both packets at one time.
- Open the cans of beans.
- Drain the black beans and the kidney beans. Rinse them well.
- Once the rice is done, add the beans, the cheese, and the salsa. Taste to make sure it is right for you.
- Heat in microwave for up to 1 minute if needed.
I like this dish because it is meatless and filling. I love it when I need a bit of a mexican flair to my food.
Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!