About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Mar 5, 2012

Rice Dish

I am slowly recovering on my spring break. I truly needed this time away from school! Ugh, midterms! So stressful and frustrating. I survived though! I am now on spring break and enjoying it. However, I went to the dentist today and I have cavities. :( Boo! Did you know that genetics can play a role in cavities? Weird. I don't drink soda anymore and I don't really drink many sugary drinks, so I was really sad when I found out. Ah well. Get to visit the dentist two more times this week to get those taken care of. At least they aren't big cavities. : /

Today's recipe is something that I whipped together from some items in my pantry and fridge. I was low on groceries, so this was easy to make and had easy ingredients to find too. I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did!

Yellow Rice, Salsa, Beans, and Cheese 


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of cooked yellow rice 
  • 1 can of Black beans
  • 1 can of kidney beans
  • A couple TBSP of salsa
  • 1/2 cup (or more to taste) of shredded cheese
Instructions:

  1. Make the rice according to the directions. Make both packets at one time.
  2. Open the cans of beans.
  3. Drain the black beans and the kidney beans. Rinse them well. 
  4. Once the rice is done, add the beans, the cheese, and the salsa. Taste to make sure it is right for you.
  5. Heat in microwave for up to 1 minute if needed.
  6. Enjoy!
I like this dish because it is meatless and filling. I love it when I need a bit of a mexican flair to my food.

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!


As always...
Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment