Another thing that I realized today is I am 7 weeks from graduation. Eek! It's scary yet exciting, and I know I need to get going on my resume by going to Career Services so they can help me out. I watched a new series called Fairly Legal. It's interesting and I like it so far. I've been watching movies lately and am trying to shrink my "want to watch" list down quite a bit. We'll see how well I do.
Even though life is throwing curve balls at me, I still have found time to cook and create new stuff. The recipe today is a simple cheese sauce that can be made in the microwave. I used this cheese sauce to make my cheesy corn dish. This sauce could be used over anything that you want cheese sauce on, really. I hope you like it!
Microwave Cheese Sauce (recipe from Food.com)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- In a large microwaveable glass bowl, heat the butter for 30 seconds. Stir and then microwave in 10 second intervals until melted.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk well.
- Add in the warm milk and whisk again.
- Add in the cheese.
- Place the bowl back into the microwave. Heat for a total of 1.5 - 2 minutes, but whisk after 30 seconds. (3-4 sets of 30 seconds)
- The sauce should be thick and heated through.
- Add the salt if you want to and whisk until blended.
- Pour over what you wish and serve.
I hope you all enjoy this simple recipe for cheese sauce. It is a plus that it's made in the microwave. The taste of this cheese sauce is decent and is versatile for whatever mix ins you might want to have. Hope you try this out!
Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!