About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Oct 27, 2013

Double Trouble Fudge

Alright... I fail at blogging. To sum things up... the months went by way too fast!

August: We went to Florida to visit some relatives and that went well. We returned and well, it was busy. My sister packed for college and completed her summer assignment. We all chipped in to help her pack and prep for this new chapter of her life. It is strange and I felt really old sifting through my college bins that have sat in the basement for 2 years. It made me walk down memory lane, and really reminded me of how much I miss college...

September: I interviewed for two job positions and applied for a few more. I have been very lucky and I was hired at one of the places I interviewed. Yay for a job!

October: I have been working my butt off. People can be so frustrating sometimes. Retail makes you see plenty of the bad side of humanity. Honestly. Working retail makes you go on a rollercoaster of emotions throughout the day. As an introvert, this job seems to require all of my energy. By the end of the day I am totally exhausted. Gotta work to earn money for grad school though! Now if only I would stop shopping the clearance and finding way too many clothes...

Anyway, the recipe for today reminds me of a reese peanut butter cup. It has the saltiness from the peanut butter mixed with the sweet chocolate and sweet and salty combinations just work so well (and they taste so good!). This would be a great treat for Christmas or even a Halloween party! I hope you try this treat!


Double Trouble Fudge (from Feathers in Our Nest)

Ingredients:
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • 1 cup peanut butter chips (find them in the baking aisle)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk, divided (see recipe for more details)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract, divided (1/2 tsp. for each layer)
  • 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips 
Instructions:
  1. Line a square pan* (8x8 or so) with foil/parchment paper/nonstick spray/butter. If you do not use something heavy duty then it will be difficult to get the fudge out later. Trust me. 
  2. In a microwaveable bowl, combine the cup of peanut butter chips and 2/3 cup of the sweetened condensed milk. 
  3. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir the mixture. Microwave in 15 second increments after the initial minute until the mixture is smooth. Make sure you stir after each time in the microwave so the mixture doesn't burn!
  4. Stir in 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract and then pour the first layer into the pan.
  5. Place your pan of fudge mixture into the fridge for 10 minutes.
  6. After you have refrigerated the fudge for 10 minutes, start making the second layer.
  7. In a different microwaveable bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and the rest of the sweetened condensed milk. 
  8. Repeat step 3 as described above.
  9. Stir in 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract and then pour the chocolate layer over the semi-solid peanut butter layer.
  10. Refrigerate your fudge for 1 hour to let it firm up. 
  11. Remove the fudge from the pan and cut it into small squares.
  12. Store in the fridge until serving.
  13. Enjoy! 
*You could also use a square candy mold or use a mold with a removable bottom. 

I hope you test this fudge out and find out how delicious and easy it is! 

Have you made homemade fudge before? What did you think? Let me know with a comment below! 


Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Comment and let me know what sort of recipes you want to see next!

As always...

Bon appétit!



Follow me on Pinterest.
Follow me on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I love salty sweet treats so this one is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete