About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Aug 2, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken and Mushroom Pasta

This recipe is a tweaked version of another recipe. I didn't have the correct Progresso recipe starter on hand, so I improvised. The picture doesn't truly show off its' deliciousness. Looking back, I probably should have added some color to the pasta. Oh well, it was super delicious and I just wanted to eat it. I hope you feel the same when you try this out.



Crock Pot Chicken and Mushroom Pasta (adapted from Pillsbury)

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • Ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 TBSP butter, cut into cubes
  • 1 can Progresso Recipe Starters Creamy Portabella Mushroom cooking sauce
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
  • 1 lb. pasta of your choice
  • 16 oz. of mushrooms, sliced (use more mushrooms if you want!)
  • 1 tsp. olive oil (to saute the mushrooms in)
  • Chopped parsley, for garnish
  • Parmesan cheese, for topping
Instructions:
  1. (Optional step) Spray your 5-6 qt. slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray. (I skipped this)
  2. Place chicken in the crock pot/slow cooker and then top with the butter. Sprinkle on ground black pepper, to taste. 
  3. Pour the cooking sauce over the top of the chicken and butter. You can add the mushrooms now, or sautee them later. It's your choice. 
  4. Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours (High 2-3 hours) or until the chicken is tender.
  5. (Optional) Sautee your mushrooms in 1 tsp. of olive oil. They will shrink some and be fragrant. 
  6. Shred the chicken in the crock pot/slow cooker. I recommend using two forks. If you chose to sautee your mushrooms, add them to the crock pot.
  7. Add the cream cheese to the crock pot. Cook for 30 minutes on Low or until the cream cheese melts and blends into the sauce.
  8. Cook your pasta according to the box directions while the cream cheese melts. 
  9. Stir the crock pot mixture well and then serve over the pasta. 
  10. Garnish the pasta with parsley and sprinkle on Parmesan, if desired. Enjoy! 
I couldn't find any reassurance that the cooking sauce was gluten free. If someone else finds out that it is indeed gluten free, please comment below and tell me. I hope you try this delicious recipe! 

Have you tried the Progresso Recipe Starters? What did you think? Let me know with a comment below! 

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Comment and let me know what sort of recipes you want to see next!

As always...

Bon appétit!



Follow me on Pinterest.
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment