About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Jun 23, 2013

Ooey Gooey Grilled Mozzarella Sandwich

I seem to have a love for mozzarella cheese. It can be a bit expensive to buy the fresh mozzarella that melts deliciously, but I think it is worth every penny. I could probably buy stock in mozzarella because I love it so much. It is just so delicious!

Today I have taken mozzarella to a place that not all people use mozzarella. Yes, mozzarella makes a great pizza topping, but it has many other uses. The great thing about using mozzarella in your grilled cheese is that it melts to make the stringy and cheesy sandwich that you normally only obtain with super thin slices of cheese or processed cheese slices. Nom nom. 


Hopefully by now I have convinced you of the deliciousness of mozzarella and that you want to try this recipe! This sandwich is just as easy as the normal grilled cheese.

Ooey Gooey Grilled Mozzarella Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of bread, a pita pocket, or gluten-free bread
  • Butter (to spread on the bread/pita pocket)
  • Fresh Mozzarella cheese
Instructions:
  1. Spread a thin layer of butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
  2. Place one slice (butter side down) into the pan.
  3. Add your mozzarella on the bread and top with the other slice.
  4. Cook in your pan until the bread is somewhat browned and the cheese is melting. You will need to flip the sandwich once so that both sides are cooked. 
  5. Serve and enjoy!
I served my sandwich with a side of tomatoes. If you like tomatoes, this is a delicious combination! I hope you try this!

Have you ever made a grilled cheese sandwich with mozzarella?

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!

As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment