About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

May 30, 2013

An Easy Dinner: Pizza Balls

Life's been busy lately. Relay for Life went well and I am still waiting on the verdict of my volunteer program. I am still hoping and still have my fingers crossed for good news! We planned out the Memorial Day grilling feast and will attend a concert in the park later in the evening. It should be a good time. Otherwise just the same ol' same ol' around here!

The funny thing about this post is that it was delayed because of the pictures. Of all things, the pictures. Just let that sink in for a few moments. I didn't feel like adding the text into the photos so I put it off... and thus... a later post then I wanted. Oops. Hopefully the minor delay has you craving some delicious food!


 From the title of this post, you might be thinking "Pizza balls? What are those?" Well my friends, they are delicious pockets of pizza goodness. I have seen multiple versions of pizza balls floating around on Pinterest and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. Oddly enough, I tried the recipe that isn't pinned as often. *shrug* I really don't know why it isn't pinned more. This recipe is delicious and simple! I like to use this recipe when I am out of ideas or when I just don't feel like doing anything extravagant. I made one batch with cheese and another batch with cheese and sausage. I definitely liked the second batch better, but the cheesy ones oozed cheesy deliciousness!

The best part about these pizza balls? They are totally customizable! If you want pineapple, then add some! Ham? Throw that in too! Onions? Just use them! You get my point. If you don't want meat, then by all means feel free to exclude it. If you don't want to use meat, then definitely add other toppings of your choice to make these super delicious.

Pizza Balls (Pinterest)

Ingredients:
  • Canned biscuits
  • Garlic powder
  • Mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese
  • Other toppings (onions, pineapple, peppers, sausage crumbles, bacon, etc.) 
  • Marinara sauce (for dipping), optional
Instructions:




  1. Preheat your oven to the temperature stated on the biscuits.
  2. Put each topping into a bowl.
  3. Take out each biscuit and stretch it out some to make a thinner circle. 
  4. Take out one biscuit and sprinkle some garlic powder on it. Remember, you want enough to make it taste pizza-like, but you don't want it to explode with garlic powder either.
  5. Add your toppings and cheese into the middle of the biscuit and then seal the edges together. Roll it back into a ball shape if necessary.
  6. Roll the outside of your pizza balls in cheese or toppings, if desired. 
  7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly browned. 
  8. Serve with marinara sauce, if desired, and enjoy! 
Have you ever made a recipe that you found on Pinterest? How did it go? Let me know with a comment below! 

Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!

As always...

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment