Crescent-Wrapped Baked Brie. In one word: nom. A delicious crescent roll outside and the ooey gooey cheesy center, mmmm. This is what I call delicious. I had never ever tried brie before this recipe and I decided that it was worth a little bit of money to purchase it. I did not use the 8 oz round as suggested (because the 7 oz wedge was on sale!) and I still had great success. If you love melty cheese and delicious crescent rolls, then this one is for you!
Crescent-Wrapped Baked Brie (from Pillsbury.com)
- 1 can (8 oz) of Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls OR 1 can (8 oz) of Pillsbury crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet (or any 8 oz tube/can/roll of crescent roll dough)
- 8 oz. of Brie cheese (approximately), with the rind removed (rind is optional)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Prep your cookie sheet with parchment paper, a Silpat mat, or use a nonstick cookie sheet.
- If not using the seamless crescent roll dough: unroll the dough, divide in half, and pinch the seams together with your fingers. You will have two squares of dough. If you use the seamless crescent roll dough: unroll the dough and then cut it in half to form two squares.
- Place the Brie on top of and in the middle of one square and cover with the other dough square. Fold the bottom edges over the top edges. Trim extra dough if needed.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 - 24 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Love it? Hate it? Want to make it? Let me know what you think with a comment below!As always...