About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Nov 13, 2011

A quick post: Microwave brownie dessert

Alrighty, this is going to be a quick post. Our football team won, woo! This week has been crazy and I don't want to do homework haha, but it is necessary. My parents were here this weekend, so I had dinner with them yesterday and breakfast with them this morning. I went to bed at like, 9:30 pm on Saturday. I was absolutely exhausted. This week hasn't been a week of very much sleep, and getting up early on Saturday was not my ideal Saturday. I am still working on my list of homework, but it has diminished quite a bit. Once I finish the weekend list, I might start on the Monday list. We shall see though. I will soon be running to the grocery store to stock up on some fresh fruit and vegetables, along with some items for the event that I am planning. Planning this event in such a small span of time wasn't the best idea, but it is what it is. I have a mountain of dishes to do today that I am not looking forward to doing. I really need to start washing dishes as I use them... Hmm, that's pretty much everything in a nutshell.

So, today's recipe was a bit of an experiment. I had an immense chocolate craving and I had a box of brownies. I knew that people had made cake in the microwave before, so I figured brownies could work too. Well, they sorta did. After heating, it seemed more like a brownie dip rather than brownies. However, once they cooled for a bit, there was the consistency of fudgy brownies. Mmmm. Tasty. Anyway, here is the key to yummy microwave brownie-ness.

Microwave Brownie Yumminess
Do you see the smile?



Ingredients:
  • 1 box of brownie mix
  • whatever the box of brownies calls for (normally 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of veg oil, and 1/4 cup of water or so... it could vary, but those are the ingredients)
  • whipped cream or cool whip for topping (optional)
  • chocolate chips for topping (optional)
  • any other toppings (optional)
Equipment:
  • 1 microwaveable bowl, preferably a microwaveable mixing bowl or microwaveable baking dish
  • spatula
  • whisk
See it now? :)
Instructions:
  1. Prepare the brownie mix according to the box directions. Make sure you whisk well so that lumps are to a minimum. 
  2. If transferring the mix to another bowl or dish, make sure you lightly oil or butter the sides of the other dish. Use the spatula to get all the mix out of the first bowl. If you are keeping it in the same bowl, it will be fine as is.
  3. Heat the brownie mix for about 2 minutes on High. Stir. Keep heating in 1 minute intervals, until the bottom is still a bit mixy and the top is slightly cakey. 
  4. When it is done, the mix will absorb into the cooked portion when stirred well. If you want cake-like brownies, heat a bit longer. 
  5. Spoon out, add any toppings you'd like, and enjoy!


This was so yummy! I am glad that it worked. I enjoyed my brownie goodness with some cool whip and chocolate chips, and a nice cup of milk. Mmmm. The leftovers from this didn't last long, haha. Well, if you have a craving and don't feel like using the oven, this is simple and quick! Enjoy!

As always...


Bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment