About Me

My photo
I enjoy cooking,eating food, being creative with food, and like to try new things. I try to avoid pre-packaged foods as much as I can.

Search This Blog

Nov 19, 2011

I have returned!: Yogurt Parfait

Hello readers! (if you still are there, haha) I am sorry for my lack of posting. School has entered the hectic days. We have Thanksgiving break on Wednesday, although I think it would have been better to just have the whole week off because a lot of people miss Monday and Tuesday. Anyway, I'll go over the highlights of my week.

Band is over for the season and that marks the end of my 8 years in band. It's weird. Which means that we didn't have practice on Monday or Thursday, woo! We have the banquet on Sunday to celebrate our achievements though. My business professor decided to tell us that the Monday before Thanksgiving break (this monday) that he was going to give us a test. Really? That's evil. Tuesday was crazy because I had part of my speech due along with a few other things, and I was stressed out planning this event for Students for fair trade. Blah. Wednesday was the event, and I was disappointed at the low attendance and how uninformed and unprepared the president was. She was cooking the rice and tofurky last minute and had no idea when we'd be allowed to start setting up. She was supposed to know these details, so I had to find out. I basically set up the entire room by myself and was peeved. However, she surprised me with beautiful yellow flowers, so I was unable to stay mad. See?

But yea, that gift helped me feel appreciated and I felt less mad. Another problem was that she just kept cutting things without letting me know. I guess we had some communication issues. I am just glad that she liked the event, the decor, and the food. Thursday was crazy because of me meeting with two of my friends for lunch and having to turn in a 7 page paper on leadership. Crazy. The only nice thing was that 2 of my 3 classes were cancelled. So, I got to watch Miss Congeniality and Miss Congeniality 2! So much fun! Friday I decided to just relax and bathe in the idea of doing nothing. I watched 2 Weeks Notice and The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and a little bit of Food Network. And today, well, I woke up late and have been trying to come up with inventive ideas for food and decide what I will bring to Thanksgiving dinner.

So, sadly, I haven't really cooked this week. I made mozzarella and tomato salad twice, ate some raw veggies, got sandwiches and salads from the union, and made some tortellini with olive oil sauce. Nothing exciting, believe me. However, I did have this fantastic chicken pesto sandwich and I will try to copy it because mmmmm so tasty. 
Anyway, today is another "wimpy recipe" that everyone should know how to do. Simple and something everyone can help out with. It has numerous variations, so let your imagination go wild! 

Yogurt Parfait

Ingredients:
  • yogurt
  • fruit
  • granola or muesli or gluten free cereal
  • honey, optional
  • whipped cream, optional
Instructions:
  1. The instructions are simple. You layer the yogurt, berries, and granola/muesli in a cup or bowl or dish. 
  2. If you'd like, top with honey or whipped cream.
  3. Yay, you can eat now! Grab a spoon and enjoy!
See? I told you it was simple. Something that might seem fancy, but it's so easy to do at home. Try it out and let me know how it goes! Cya tomorrow! 

As always...

Bon appétit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment